A home warranty is a one-year service agreement that covers the repair and replacement of many major home system components and appliances that typically break down over time due to normal wear and tear. Whether you are buying or selling a home, moving can be hectic, A home warranty specifically designed for residential real estate transactions can give you one less thing to worry about…and helps keep your home protected from the expense of unexpected covered repairs.
Benefits for Buyers
The question isn’t whether or not a breakdown will happen…it’s when. Do you have a plan in place for when they do occur? Our real estate packages protect your house, so you can focus on making it your home.
- Gain confidence and comfort knowing that your hard earned investment is covered by an industry leader.
- Reduce stress from potential, undetectable pre-existing conditions (like failures to lack of maintenance and mismatched systems)…they’re covered!
- Confidence in our nationwide network of professional home repair experts who are pre-screened and monitored for your safety and convenience.
Benefits for Sellers
When it comes to selling your home, offering a home warranty in the contract is an excellent way to entice buyers. It shows good faith and offers an assurance to buyers that the home is covered by a warranty for the first year of ownership.
- Gain confidence and comfort knowing your budget is protected while your home is on the market. (1)
- May entice buyers by assurance that the home is covered by a warranty and with fewer worries.
- Help mitigate unexpected covered issues from the home inspection to help keep the sale of your home on track.
American Home Shield Home Warranty Program for Sellers (2)
It is recommended you shop for and consider enrolling your property in a warranty protection plan. There are many warranty options and providers from which to choose. A warranty protection plan can increase your property’s marketability and may reduce your risk. Through Harry Norman, REALTORS®, your property may be eligible for enrollment in the Home Warranty Program, offered through American Home Shield. Enrollment is free and entitles you to American Home Shield’s seller’s home warranty coverage during the listing period, not to exceed 6 months, if your property is eligible. Home Warranty Program coverage also extends to warranty covered items detected during a prospective buyer’s inspection of your Property.
You may elect to cancel Home Warranty Program coverage prior to closing (even if you received service calls during the listing period) or you may elect to purchase the warranty for the buyer as part of a sales contract. At closing, five-hundred thirty-five dollars ($535) cost of the American Home Shield Buyers Home Warranty will be charged to you, but only if you elected to purchase the warranty for the buyer as part of a sales contract.
(1) Enrollment required.
(2) This program is for single family residences under 5,000 square feet. Other single family residences are eligible, but the cost is $930 for residential properties that are 5,000 square feet or larger. Pricing for most condominiums and townhomes is $415. The program referenced is the American Home Shield Essential Plan. Covered systems include furnace, air conditioning, plumbing leaks and stoppages, sump pumps, faucets, shower valves, toilet mechanisms, pressure regulators, hose bibs, water heaters, and electrical systems. Specific information on this American Home Shield Home Warranty Programs, pricing structure, eligibility, applicable coverage, liability limitations, geographical restrictions, service call fees, and all other information may be obtained in our offices or directly from American Home Shield. Prices and conditions are subject to change.